- Whitesnake Guitarist Joel Hoekstra to Release New Album, 'Dying to Live'
- Bob Weir Is Recording an Album of Cowboy Songs
- Watch the Video for Clutch's New Single, 'X-Ray Visions'
- Watch Kids React After Hearing Motley Crue's 'Dr. Feelgood' for the First Time
- 45 Years Ago: Humble Pie Show Off Their Diversity With Their Eponymous LP
- Dave Grohl Is Rehabbing His Broken Leg by Listening to Lots of Led Zeppelin
- 42 Years Ago: Led Zeppelin Robbed of $200,000
- Iron Maiden's New 'Book of Souls' LP Has 'Almost Something for Everybody'
- Top 10 Geddy Lee Rush Songs
- 41 Years Ago: Neil Peart Joins Rush
Paul Shaffer’s Day In Rock
1989: Bon Jovi peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart with “Lay Your Hands on Me” which was their fourth top ten single off of New Jersey.
1987: Jerry Garcia reached an agreement with Ben & Jerry’s over the introduction of the Cherry Garcia flavor. It was agreed that 50% of royalties went to the Grateful Dead’s Rex Foundation, which continues to this day.
1982: The Asgard Hotel in Dublin which was owned by Thin Lizzy singer/bassist Phil Lynott was completely destroyed in a fire.
1974: Neil Peart became the new drummer for Rush, replacing John Rutsey who left the band due to health problems.
1973: Led Zeppelin lost $180,000 in cash when a thief stole their hotel safe deposit box from two concerts at Madison Square Garden.
1972: Alice Cooper peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart with “School’s Out” which was their first top ten single in the U.S.
1967: The Doors went to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart for the first time with “Light My Fire” which spent three weeks on top of the chart.
1967: Procol Harum peaked at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart with “A Whiter Shade of Pale” which was their first and only top ten single in the U.S.
1966: Bob Dylan was involved in a motorcycle accident in Woodstock, NY in which he suffered a concussion & broken neck vertebrae. He disappeared from the public eye for the next 18 months after this accident.
Neal Doughty-keyboardist for REO Speedwagon born in 1946 (69)
Geddy Lee-bassist & singer for Rush born in 1953 (62)
Patti Scialfa-backup singer for The E Street Band born in 1953 (62)
John Sykes-guitarist for Thin Lizzy & Whitesnake born in 1959 (56)
Now Playing On The Fox