- Grateful Dead 'Fare Thee Well' Shows Almost Featured a Jerry Garcia Hologram
- Top 10 Blondie Songs
- 43 Years Ago: The Doobie Brothers Break Through With 'Toulouse Street'
- Freddie Mercury Mocks Kanye West's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' In New Video
- Jason Bonham Talks Tensions Between Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones
- Former Kiss Guitarist Bruce Kulick on Revisiting His First Band and More: Exclusive Interview
- Hot Tuna Announce New Tour Dates
- Heart Albums: Ranked Worst to Best
- Former Fairport Convention and Joe Cocker Drummer Bruce Rowland Dies at 74
- 46 Years Ago: John Lennon Learns He's a Bad Driver the Hard Way
Paul Shaffer’s Day In Rock
2008: Whitesnake guitarist Mel Galley died at his home in Staffordshire, U.K. of esophagus cancer. He was 60 years old.
2006: The first Hyde Park Calling festival took place at Hyde Park in London. Roger Waters headlined the first day playing The Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety & The Who headlined the following day.
2002: Six postage stamps designed by Paul McCartney went on sale on the Isle of Man to raise money for his anti-landmines charity.
2000: Bruce Springsteen’s reunion tour with the E Street Band came to a close at Madison Square Garden.
1990: Mark Knopfler & John Illsley met over lunch with manager Ed Bicknell at the Halcyon Hotel in London & decided to reform Dire Straits for one more album & tour.
1983: Bon Jovi signed with Mercury Records which they released their debut album the following year.
1981: Rushton Moreve, original bassist of Steppenwolf died from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident in Santa Barbara, CA. He was 32 years old.
1969: Sam Phillips sold Sun Records to Shelby Singleton. After this sale Phillips retired from the music business.
1967: The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band reached number one on the Billboard 200 Album Chart for the first of fifteen weeks.
Deborah Harry- singer for Blondie born in 1945 (70)
Now Playing On The Fox